Monday, March 19, 2007

Fixed it

Okay, so in the software updates window I clicked on help. When that loaded I selected the Setting Preferences Option. It talked about the "Update Manager Preferences button" which I could not find anywhere. Being aware of stuff like this, I right clicked on the little update manager icon that comes up and alerts me that I have updates. One of the menu options was "Preferences" I clicked on this and went through the tabs along the top. Under Third Party I found an entry for Automatix. I removed the entry from the list and applied the changes. Now it does not look to update Automatix when it does a search for new updates. Not the most intuitive solution. Even Microsoft has a "Don't show this update again" option, but it worked so I can't complain to much.

Now what else can I break...?

No comments: