Monday, February 19, 2007

Another Day... not much to say

As I become more comfortable with the items in Edubuntu, things are going to become more common place which means there is going to be less to write about. Today I worked on some updates for a website, did some research on the Internet, and worked on getting Evolution to work a little better.

Evolution still beeps all the time for no apparent reason. I was told that it will not connect to the LDAP server in versions greater than 2.4 I am running 2.8. It was defaulting to my personal contacts folder and the anniversary category. I was able to make it default to my UT Exchange contacts by going under the contact tab and right clicking on the contact item under UT Exchange in the left column. I selected properties then clicked the "Mark as default" check box. This now uses those contacts as the default, but it still defaults to the anniversary category because it comes first in the alphabet! I could not figure out how to change that.

Aside from Evolution continuing to suck (it locked up and I had to use the system monitor to make it go away) everything else seems to be running pretty well. As far as evolution goes, I guess it has more functions than Thunderbird so I am at least able to operate a little better, but I wouldn't use that as a selling point when trying to convince people that Open Source is the road to glory.