Monday, February 12, 2007

The GIMP

I needed to resize an image to go on a website and I have heard of The Gimp as being the tool for image editing if you don't want to pay the money to buy Photoshop. I had noticed the GIMP was installed under Applications -> Graphics while looking through the menus to see what I had. I went into the menu and launched the GIMP. At first I was a little ticked because I could not drag and drop the image into the program, but then I realized I could if I dragged it to the menu pallete rather than the information pallete.

Being familiar with photoshop and having never used GIMP, I used my photoshop skills to locate a SCALE IMAGE option under the IMAGE menu. I clicked on this and entered the new deminsions in the boxes provided then clicked the SCALE button. It resized the image and I saved it. I used GFTP to upload the image as well as the new webpage and everything looks good. I'll have to test GIMP out on a more serious project some time.

No comments: