Friday, February 9, 2007

The First Boot

After a short meeting I was ready to boot my computer with Edubuntu for the first time. It took a full 5 minutes to get to the desk top. Once there, a little box popped up and let me know that I had software updates available. There were 115 updates taking up 183.8mb I browsed through them, couldn't understand half of them so I left it with the default selected updates and told it to install.

It prompted me for my Admin Password and that is when I discovered that something had once again turned of the num-lock on me. I use the number pad all the time and am very annoyed when it turns off by magic. Anyway, I turned it back on and put in my password.

The downloading and install fest then began...

30 minutes later it had downloaded and installed the updates. It checked for new updates and only found the two that it did not install by default the first time. It asked me to restart the computer for the changes to take effect.

No comments: