Thursday, February 22, 2007

Licq not so good

Now that I have had some experience with setting up the GAIM client I went back and tried to setup the Licq. It wasn't too hard to setup since I knew what to put in the boxes this time. It was much easier to experiment with the settings in GAIM so I figured them out in there and then duplicated them in Licq.

I can see why the program only got one star in the rating system on the Add/Remove program menu. It was impossible to setup without knowing the settings from the other program. It doesn't have anywhere near the options / capability of GAIM. It doesn't alert me when a new message comes in and if I close the Buddy List it closes out all chat windows that are open.

So, I'll just remove Licq from my computer and continue to use GAIM. I was hoping that by using the ICQ mock client I would regain some of the functionality lost when I switched from ICQ to GAIM, but I actually got less.

No comments: