Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Digital Camera Magic

I took a few pictures with a digital camera last night and decided to try to pull them onto my Ubuntu machine. I plugged in the USB cable and turned the camera on then crossed my fingers. After a few seconds, a window popped up and alerted me that the OS had found a digital image card and wanted to know if I would like to import the images or ignore the card. I told it I wanted to import the images and it brought up a program that looked like the file viewer (places). When I went to the file menu though, there was an import option. I selected this and filled in the dialog box. I was able to pull all the images over to a folder on my HD. I got yelled at by the software when I disconnected the camera though because I didn't unmount the device before I turned it off. That is a "Serious Risk to my Data"... Anyway, it all worked out okay.

No comments: