Friday, February 9, 2007

End of Day 1

I have been running Edubuntu for about 8 hours. So far it has been rather frustrating any time I want to install something that did not come with the default install. The directions for using the stuff is cryptic if it exists at all. Even Mozilla fell flat when it came time to try to install their products. Things were broken out of the box and there isn't very much information out there on how to fix it. Most of the applications assume you have some idea of what you are doing with LINUX. Even the most basic install instructions that I have found are hard to follow if you don't have a background in computers.

Before I turn my computer off and go home for the weekend I am checking for updates. Seems that about 8 of them manifested themselves during the day. So I am waiting on another 30 MB worth of downloads and updates. Maybe one of them will fix the DVD player!!!

No comments: